Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 24. Mai 2015

Running in the rain can be a paranormal experience ....

and the result of it is the changing of your day mood!
I was so deeply depressed in the morning and the hours just flew along the day without any positive perspectives .... that only therapy by moving outdoor could be the right thing to do!!
Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” ― Vladimir Nabokov 
Despite the relentless rain at 2 p.m. I decided to go for a ride from the north end to the south end of the Danube Island. At the moment I started to equip myself for the ride the rains seemed to become soft. After 10 minutes the sky started again to cry pretty strong!!
   Hm ..... to be or not to be?! To go out or to stay inside? Hm .... I ask the cat ... but I don't understand his advice.
I take my feet, my photo camera, my medical card and go out. I keep my bike treasures on, it doesn't matter too much, triathletes are used do run with it :-)
As recently in my life I have no idea which direction I should start .... 
So I start to the left and after 500 m left again to somewhere .... I follow now a road I never walked on which ends on a wild path .... then a crossroads .... and a sign which told me I leave Langenzersdorf (the place where I am living).
I choose left as the rain was strong, my feet are small oceans now and I don't intend to go far away. But it is amazing that only after 3 km I almost am outside the village borders and I lost direction.
I am now on the Apfelstraße, I enter  Lagerstraße .... on such an ugly weather the area is not so friendly, over all a lot of trucks, containers, a cars yard which looks like an old damaged cars cemetery and a lot of large road equipments. So it is clear I want out from there soon as possible! ("From here too?!?")
I now run to the left for about 200 m and I get the feeling it is not the right direction. I stopp looking around. Hm .... I thought: "Man, you got lost in the high Himalayas without no GPS, com on!! You have to smell the right direction ..." Hm ...
I return to the entrance on Apfelstraße letting it on my right. I am at the boarder between Vienna and Low Austria. 
The sky is a steamy milky big cover all over, the hills as hidden, just some of them can be seen, the others not at all.
I run and I run, I stop, I take pictures of the rain drops on the leaves, flowers .... I am on the road now, happy to be out of the high grass area where I was afraid about snakes.
On the left I enter the Ulmengasse and very soon I recognize the off-road along the Marchfeldkanal. From here everything becomes very familiar to me, so .... I slowly walk wondering the landscape. I soon feel how the soul is flying out from my body and watching down to a woman in a deep pink rain jacket, with red legs, walking through mud and puddles .... her mind is somewhere else ....
Charlie Chaplin used to say: I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.
Yes, it was pretty clear, she had that mood of "it sometimes rains. In my soul."
I remember about what Roger Miller said: Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
I am wet, but I want to get even more wet ....  So I start not to avoid the waters anymore. I cannot become more wet as I am already! I know the feeling from many competitions when you run, run or cycle and you are happy at the end!
 “The richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected; I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend. Without at least some rain in any given day, or at least a cloud or two on the horizon, I feel overwhelmed by the information of sunlight and yearn for the vital, muffling gift of falling water.” ― Douglas Coupland, Life After God
So  I am now in familiar environment. On this road I often run but I normally avoid it because it runs along the national road and I do not like the noise of the cars.
After 2,5 km I reach the Barwichgasse in Langenzersdorf, the street connecting the place with the Danube Bike Road and further with the Danube Island. The village is to the right and the Island is too the left. So I go to the left. It seems I am not wet enough :-)
I stop on the bridge. No people, no dogs.
I look to the river to Greifenstein, Tulln .... steam and rain. The waters are going high .... I cross the bridge and go down on the Danube Island turning right to the end of the Island, where I sometimes like to stay It is an interesting spot there, where the Island seems to go under waters ....
Strange feelings to be here, at the End ..... brown dirty water running in fast motion .... too fast motion ... water whirls ....
I run back but I don't return to the bridge. I would like to run for another 2-3 km. I cannot get more wet than I already am, right? It is 6 a.m.
I follow the Treppelweg to the wild side along the wild river, where the beaches and copses are.
 The first beach .... half of it is under waters ...
I run further .... but not for long .... as I already enter the Kingdom of Waters ....
so ..... I stay for a while and I return turning to the right and going on running on the island .... 
Wet landscape. High vegetation seems to be humble beat done due to the many heavy rain drops...
I took the first alley to the left running down to the other side of the island, where the swans are living. Empty, wet, no soul to be seen.
So, I put my soul and body on the road and I run back to the bridge. I was on the way back home now, still three and half km.
It didn’t rain for you, maybe, but it always rains for me. The sky shatters and rains shards of glass.” ― Tablo, Pieces of You
The Danube Bike Road to Greifenstein, Tulln was blocked now, so if any long way cyclists (globe trotters kind) are now on their way on this popular route they have to stop for a while in Austria.
Now I start to feel wet indeed and to feel how I start to freeze. I had no gloves with me. I enter the village under the bridge and I now follow the Barwichgasse watching into peoples' yards :-) and surprising a nude lady in the garden, taking a natural shower :-)
And I remember about something .... taking natural showers under water falls in the mountains or bathing in mountains rivers .... exceptional life!
 I took many pictures, the last 2 km back home needed about half an hour :-0 !!
I finally reach home and I have to struggle into unlock my apartment door!! My hands are frozen, I cannot hit the door lock .... after 2 minutes the key is inside but I cannot turn it for unlocking the lock .... crazy few minutes, finally I am in!!!! I change my clothes, I take a sit, my cat is coming and I put my hands under her warm body :-) He loves me, I know!!
And now I eat .... hot rice with sugar and cinnamon. This is one of my childhood meals .....
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

I'm WATCHing YOU!! :-)